Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Another Glitch

I will never feel guilty about sending an email or calling to check on the status of things again. I heard back from the lawyer (or the paralegal) regarding my email to them checking to see if they had heard anything from the donor's lawyer. She said that they were planning on having the consultation with the donor on Thursday. Luckily, she saw on my chart that our legals had to be complete by Friday to get the cycle going when we needed, so she did ask the other lawyer if they could move up the consultation to today. I have no idea if that will or can happen, but I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that transfer just probably isn't going to happen in April. Too many things have to fall into line for it to work out, and I just have my doubts.

It's not the end of the world, but I am still so disappointed. It's possible that I can just take some time off of work just after my Easter break, or maybe take a long weekend in early May. But most likely we'll just go with our original plan and go at the end of May when school is out. I know that will be the less stressful option, and it's just a matter of patience to get me there. I do have some other disappointments associated with waiting that late though. For example, if it's successful, the new baby's birthday would be in the same month as Anadine's birthday. Again, not the end of the world I know. Also it would mean not being through my first trimester in time for The Neshoba County Fair. If you are my friend, you know what a big deal this is for me. If you don't know me, or the Fair, I'll just explain it as this week long party in our family's cabin. It is my absolute favorite place, and it's a time when I get to see a lot of extended family. I was 9 weeks into my pregnancy with Anadine when I went to that fair, and I was miserable. Not just with the morning sickness, and not just the fact that I couldn't formally announce that we were pregnant (although people pretty much figured it out because I wasn't drinking and was going to bed at 9:00 every night) but because with any sort of IVF, you're still on all of these medications throughout the first trimester. I was taking progesterone suppositories (which also meant wearing a pad), and wearing estrogen patches. The fair happens the last week of July in Mississippi heat. You spend most of your time outside - and y'all it was just plain uncomfortable. I would much rather be bigger, but in my 2nd trimester by fair time. Yes, it would still mean not drinking and probably going to bed early, but I just think I would be so much better off. Again, none of this is the end of the world - it just adds to my disappointment that we probably aren't going to do this earlier.

I'm not counting myself out just yet, but I am getting myself prepared. I'm just so ready, but I know it will happen eventually and in the best time for us.

UPDATE:
I just got an email (after I emailed them- I told you I wasn't going to be shy anymore) from the paralegal that said the donor has moved her consultation to this afternoon! So now we pray she doesn't have a problem with the legals, so we can sign and be done with this part of it. And then we pray REALLY HARD that my period shows up. I am luckily showing lots of PMS signs, so maybe---just maybe---this may work out after all. Trying to not get my hopes up---yeah right!

No comments:

Post a Comment