Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Okay so I was doing pretty well with the whole waiting thing. When I was in Colorado, I was patient and felt like I could wait forever for the pregnancy test. But now, for some reason, the waiting is killing me! I guess maybe I feel like I'm not as in control here...which is weird! I'm in my own house, but I feel like I am so much more susceptible to things that could hurt me or my chances of getting pregnant. Such as the whole moving process, or my dogs jumping too close to my stomach,or the excessive heat of Louisiana! I'm trying to just let go and leave it up to God. It's in His hands and there's nothing I can do about it...I just want to know!

The progesterone is messing with my head... that or the estrogen patches. Either way, I have an off and on crampy feeling in my uterus/ovaries. It's not exactly like period cramps, but pretty damn close. Different enough that it makes me think that I might be pregnant, but close enough that I freak out that my period is on her way. I am also super bloated - to the point where I actually look pregnant. Which is fine and everything if I actually do turn out to be pregnant, but if not then it sure is uncomfortable! And the worst of the side effects is the acne. Oh my goodness is it terrible!! My forehead hasn't looked this bad since I was a teenager. In fact, I'm not even sure it was this bad back then! Like i said, I am okay with all of these things if it means I'm pregnant, but if I'm not pregnant...ugh! I know that all of these things are probably the progesterone. It is known to mimic pregnancy symptoms and I kind of remember that from my last IVF, although it is amazing what you forget from cycle to cycle. That's kind of why I want to make sure to get it all down in this blog so that just in case I have to do this again I can remember exactly what I was feeling at this time.

Anyway, that's it for now. Six more days until the blood test! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to take a test at home before then. I'm going to try really hard not to, but it's going to be really hard!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how tough this wait must be! Take care of yourself and try to find lots of (relaxing, inactive) things to distract yourself. Friday will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wait is the worst part of all of this! Hang in there Becca!

    ReplyDelete