Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Calendar is In!

Well, my period started and I called my IVF nurse at CCRM and she sent me my calendar for IVF. All of these dates are dependent on my next cycle starting when it's supposed to - which with my body is always a guessing game. So here are the projected dates for everything...

May 8: Start my period (we hope!)
May 10: Begin birth control pills. R will start to take an antibiotic for 10 days
May 23: Take the last BCP
May 24: Ultra sound and labs to make sure I am a "go" for the IVF
May 26: start my lupron shots (20 units every 12 hrs) and my Saizen shots (this is a growth hormone - it's what is given to children who aren't growing. I've never taken this during a cycle before and I hope it will be my magic drug!
May 28: start my stim shots in addition to the lupron and saizen: 2 vials menopur in AM and 300 units of Gonal-F in the PM

I will continue all shots and go in for an ultra sound on June 1. At that point they will start to call me when dosage changes. I can have the ultra sound with my local dr, but my plan is to be in Denver by then and just have all ultra sounds out there.

Tentative Egg Retrieval Date is June 8. My transfer date is 3-5 days after that.

It's all beginning to happen! Now it's time to book flights and hotel rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment