Friday, January 13, 2012

33 Weeks

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted.  Honestly, there just hasn't been a whole lot to report-- which in my opinion is a great thing! I love how boring this pregnancy has been! :)

Everything is still looking good.  Every time I go to the doctor, I am measuring right on track and the appointments have been pretty boring...a nice change from all the ivf appointments where I usually left crying!

The third trimester has definitely hit me with a vengeance! I have swollen feet and hands (can no longer wear my rings), I have crazy heartburn, and I never sleep more than an hour without getting a cramp in my legs or hips.  Baby girl loves to settle in on my left side either up in my ribs or down lower on a nerve that makes my left leg fall asleep.

Her movements are so different now! I definitely feel more rolls and curling up than actual kicking, and most of the time you can watch my stomach move around when she does. Today at the preschool a little boy came up and started poking my belly and telling me he wanted the baby to come out so he could see her. She obviously did not appreciate it and curled up into a tight ball on the other side from where he was poking. So half of my stomach was flat and the other side had this huge bulge in it.  It was hilarious because the little boy could in fact see the baby like he wanted..just not exactly what he had in mind!

She's also started to get the hiccups a lot. So cute!

The nursery is coming along.  I have made window valences out of the most precious fabric. I've also made a bed skirt for the crib and basket liners for the baskets on the changing table.  It's just about to the point of being able to take pictures and post for all to see! I just need R to actually hang the curtains, and I have to figure out exactly how I want the furniture arranged. I promise to post pictures as soon as it is finished!

I'm down to having biweekly appointments and pretty soon they will be weekly. I think at that point things will start to get a little more exciting! I can't wait to meet this little girl!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. So exciting Becca! Glad that you've had an uneventful pregnancy - must be a relief after all of the hububaloo around IVF. Can't wait to see the nursery pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you?! How's the nursery? Should be getting pretty close now hunh :)

    ReplyDelete