Friday, August 19, 2011

I graduated!

I am officially a CCRM graduate! I went in for my weekly blood work on Wednesday and all of my levels looked good, so I am no longer a patient of CCRM and I can begin seeing a regular OB and begin thinking of my pregnancy as "normal." My nurse sent me a really sweet email Wednesday afternoon telling me how happy she was for me and telling me to be sure to send my birth story and pictures when the time comes. It's kind of a bitter sweet feeling. I am so glad that I am finished with the weekly blood draws, hormone support medications, and excessive money spent, but it will be kind of tough not having that weekly reassurance that everything is going as it's supposed to. However, I am 12 weeks as of yesterday so I am beginning to feel more comfortable that this is really happening. We will be making our big announcement (basically that means we'll be announcing it on Facebook since most of our family and close friends know already) next week after our first official OB appointment. We are hoping that we will be able to have an ultrasound since a. this will be our first appointment with this doctor and b. I will be at just the right time to have the NT scan to check for the possibility of any abnormalities. Since we didn't do any of the genetic screening on our embryos there is still that possibility, although we have no reason (family history, etc) to believe that everything isn't okay. It's still a little scary, but I'm trying to stay positive that everything is okay with our little okra!

I'm still dealing with my night sickness (I feel great in the morning) and still throw up at least every other night. Surely I will start to feel better soon, right? It is great reassurance, as I've said, but it would be nice to get a good night's sleep in before I start getting new reasons to lose sleep. I'm also starting to get a little baby bump and I'm about to have to break down and get some maternity jeans. My jeans still fit, but they certainly aren't comfortable and I spend most of my day with them unbuttoned. I think most of my bump is mostly the bloat from the constant eating I've been doing (the only thing that keeps the nausea at bay) so I have really started trying to snack on carrots and oranges instead of the bagels that tasted so good to me a few weeks ago. I hope none of this comes across as complaining - it is all truly wonderful and I am still amazed that I have this miracle baby inside me. I'm trying to remember every little thing because who knows if I'll ever be able to experience this again. I just can't believe I am this blessed!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well for you! And Congrats on being a CCRM graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....GREAT news!! You graduated!! I can't believe you're almost into your second trimester already - crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you that tears are in my eyes as I read your blog/write this!!! I imagine it'll be scary to not have the weekly reassurance. But at the same time, you've reached 12 weeks, you're out of the danger zone. That's so wonderful!!!

    If you're able to fit in your pants except for your belly, you might want to get one of these:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KWR9YC

    I haven't tried it yet but I have friends who swear by them. You can also get

    http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine-Maternity-Belly/dp/B000NDCHNW/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

    to further help hide that your pants are unbuttoned/zipped. I bought this and plan to start using this week.

    Looking forward to reading how your OB appt goes!

    ReplyDelete