Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I see the light at the end of the tunnel (I hope!)

Okay, we are finally getting to the point where we have our funds together and can get our calendar. I hope we'll have our calendar by the end of the week. We should have everything paid by Wednesday, and then it's just a matter of getting the results of one last blood test in. So, yeah, here's that story...

Nurse Hilary emailed me last week to check in. She told me that she hadn't received R's blood work yet (he had it done weeks ago) and that she was missing one of my tests. We called the labs and they sent them over (which they should have done weeks ago, but whatever). She also said that she thinks my lab may have taken the wrong test for one of the orders - they took the hepatitis antibody, when they needed to take the hepatitis antigen. Don't ask me what the difference is, but it meant I had to go back to the doctor and have my blood drawn again. UGH! So on Friday I grudgingly went back to my doctor, sat in the waiting room for 20 minutes (I was the only person there, there really was no reason for the wait) and got my blood drawn. Everything went as normal, she gave me a band-aid with the lovely cotton swab under it, I pulled my sleeve down, left the office, and got on the elevator. No biggie- until I got off the elevator and felt something dripping on my arm. I looked down, and my entire shirt sleeve from the elbow down was drenched in blood! It's like my vein was so used to giving vials and vials of blood and it didn't know how to stop at just one! Ha! All is well now, but it was pretty gross and annoying. And now it's annoying that we have to wait for that one result to come back to be cleared to start the cycle. I expect those results pretty quickly though and we still should be able to get our calendar soon. Woohoo!

***UPDATE*** I received a phone call from my nurse about 2 hours after writing the post and the results are in. She faxed them over. So we are good to go...just waiting on one last check to come in (hopefully today) then we'll pay up and get our calendar going.

We're also working with the lawyer to get the legal contracts between us and our donor. We have decided to do a completely open arrangement, meaning we will have open contact with our donor in whatever manner we see fit. I don't see us becoming best friends with her, but I'll add her to the Christmas card list, befriend her on social media - that sort of thing.

I can't believe we're actually about to start this thing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment