Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Estrogen and progesterone

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been in our new house the past week or so and we don't have internet set up yet so it has been a little difficult to post anything. Anyway, I had blood work yesterday to check my hormone levels and everything looked great! My estrogen was 496 and they want it above 300. My progesterone was 40 and they want it about 20. My nurse seemed pleased. She said that assuming everything looks good at my ultrasound on Monday we I'll start weaning me off of the progesterone suppositories and the estrogen patches. While I am looking forward to not have to do either of these things, I am terrified to not have that extra support. By doing the suppositories three times a day and changing out my patches I feel like I am doing something to help things along. I have to get into the frame of mind that in a couple of weeks I am going to be considered a "normal" pregnant person and I won't be getting these frequent checks.

I am obviously looking forward to the ultrasound. Hopefully we will get to see the heartbeat and we will know at that point if we are having a singleton or twins! R is convinced that we're having twins, but I am fairly confident we're having one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I of course will be happy either way as long as there is in fact a baby in there and he/she/they is/are growing and healthy.

I will be six weeks tomorrow. It's a small milestone but it seems huge to me! I was reading today that after you see the heartbeat at the 6-7 week ultrasound your chance of miscarriage drops from 50% to less than 10%. I will still be a nervous wreck, but I think that at that point I can at least start to get a little more excited. I am so used to getting bad news regarding my fertility, it just doesn't seem like this is my life that I'm living. I hate that the worry is really keeping me from enjoying these first few weeks of pregnancy. I sure hope I'm right that this ultrasound will bring good news and I'll start to enjoy this a little more.

Please keep the prayers coming for me and this little bean- by the way R has started referring to him/her/them as our little okra...pretty cute huh?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Tons of prayers your way Becca, it looks so good, I'm sure everything will be fine but I can totally understand the worry. Seeing the heartbeat will be magical. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine who has also struggled for years with IF felt the same way during her pregnancy. I think it's only natural to be worried. Those numbers are great though! And you'll have lots of time to enjoy your pregnancy and your baby/babies!!! I can't wait to read how the u/s goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds like it's going great, but the worrying is perfectly normal for those of us that have struggled with IF. I'm sure you'll feel much better after Monday's u/s.

    ReplyDelete