Tuesday, March 28, 2017

And we found a donor!

I apologize in advance for how this post may look, but I am posting from my phone and I can't really see what I'm doing. But I wanted to come in here and let everyone know that we have found our new donor!

So last Thursday I received an email from Jenna saying that they needed and answer by Friday morning...Were we going with brown eyed girl, our original donor, or neither?  Ryan and I talked and talked and talked some more and finally settled on brown eyed girl. We decided that she was everything we wanted and we were bound to get a beautiful child, even if he or she had brown eyes. But Ryan still wanted to talk to Jenna about if we could change our minds later if someone else of that caliber came along that had blue eyes, blah blah blah. So we were settled, but I still didn't feel settled. So Friday morning I emailed Jenna and told her we wanted brown eyed girl, but to please give ryan a call when she could because he had some questions. And then we didn't hear from her...

Anyway, we both continued checking the database, either out of habit or because our subconscious was telling us something wasn't right. And low and behold around 4:30 I get a text from ryan saying that there was a new blue eyed donor and she looked awesome. At the exact same moment I received an email from jenna saying that she was out of the office and asked if we could ask our questions via email. Well, after a quick scan of this girl's profile, it was easy to see that she was perfect. She was of the same caliber as brown eyed girl, but with blue eyes. Ryan and I talked for about two minutes knowing that we would have to make a quick decision. We had figured out that girls of this caliber moved quickly, so there was no time to waste. We decided within those two minutes we wanted her. So I emailed Jenna back and told her to scratch everything. That we wanted this donor and if we got her no questions necessary. And then I waited--for what seemed like ages!  I even emailed Sam, the head of the department seeing if there was anything she could do to make sure we got that donor (I was scared because Jenna had said she was out of the office). Well, I almost instantly got a reply from Sam saying that unfortunately there wasn't anything she could really do- that Jenna was the one who did the matching. She said that Jenna did time stamp her requests, but that the donor was a popular one and she couldn't guarantee we'd get her. So I prayed and prayed and prayed.

Then we got the email from Jenna that said "she's yours!" I felt like I had won the lottery. It all happened so fast, and I was truly working off of gut feeling. Luckily she attached her profile to the email  so we could see what we had just signed up for- and I can honestly say I have no regrets. I am so excited!

She is gorgeous! She's a southern girl (originally from arkansas). She's smart, has two kids of her own, and is a proven donor. So that means she's $4,000 more. But she's worth it. We made that snap decision, too- but again no regrets. We just have to find the $4,000. Oh back to money!

So the worst part about all of this is egg retrieval won't be until July. Because the lab is so booked up until then. So that means we won't do transfer until late August. Ryan as boards mid August so it's important that we wait until that's over before he has to deal with a trip out to San Diego- one which I'll be on bed rest for two days. But I'm embracing this. I'm going to enjoy this summer. I'm going to rock a swim suit (I've been working hard at losing weight so I'm going to enjoy it this summer), I'm going to have fun drinking my pimms cups, and having the energy to play with Anadine. Because if things work in august, then we'll have a May baby. And that means next summer I will not be rocking a swim suit! Ha!

So there it is. Now we work with legal stuff, find $4,000, and then count down until July.

No comments:

Post a Comment